Long lost father, whom i found again in love

There are times in life that flow accordingly, times that slide by, moments pass and we forget to stop and see the reality we live in.

  Life is so short, so many say. Grab the chance while you can, they say. Make a connection with family, friends who have gone astray through the years.

Don't forget to give, appreciate and support those around you.

I spent a lot of my life travelling. Since childhood i moved a lot with my family, i witnessed the breakdown relationship from my mother and father. It was all too confusing for me as a small child, i have memories of confusion and fear, loss and regret, but without knowing why i had those feelings.

Since the travels have stopped, and i have my own family now, my two children, i have begun to settle more in myself, and come to terms with the pain i felt for so many years.

With understanding, and wisdom comes hope. I finally after years made the connection with my long lost father again. For months we talked via email, i would tell him my stories, as he would share his. He told me after my birthday in January, that he was sick with cancer of the liver. I was with him through email, throughout his battle with cancer, the treatment of chemotherapy, offering him words of kindness and hope, and love. He was brave through it all, and spoke only of the practical details of his treatment, a proud man.

 I had a feeling too days ago, that i should email him a heartfelt message of love. How i hoped to see him one more time, how i missed him, and how many wonderful memories i still hold of him. How much i am willing to forgive and forget, and how he will always be the respectful man in my heart forever. The next day, yesterday, i learnt of his passing. He no longer suffers with pain, he is now free from his shackles in this life, at 75 or so, he can be at peace.

  This message is a brief admission to how you have to learn to forgive and forget the troubles of life, and learn to love yourself and forgive those whom have loved you. Life is too short, as we grow, we loose our loved ones. Even though i did not spend much of my life with him, he still is a big part of my life my journey, my heart.

  Rest In Peace Anthony Fabian Morris i love you Dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elderflower cordial

More Art on the way