Solstice and festive days

Good day to all,


   I noticed just today it has been over a month since i last posted up something. Christmas is over, new year followed in a very quiet grown up fashion, of falling asleep and waking up 15 min before the clocks turned.

  We took down the Christmas tree just before my birthday on the 13th January, again another relaxed, grown up event, well if you can call building tree dens in the woods with the kids counts?

I have been busy in the between all the festive, present opening, hours painting.

I have painted a portrait of a friend, i have been baking cakes to sell, i have been out in the near village making stone baked pizzas to sell, to mention but a few things.




  Saturday nights here in the mountains is usually spent in the village of Soito, where i prepare meat and veggie pizza in an stone oven.

I have been doing this now for 3 weeks, and thoughly enjoying it, even if there are not many people visiting for pizza.

After all it is winter, and if i wasn't lucky enough to have a hot fire to stand by, i would seek out a place to sit by the fire, like in my home.




So i thought i would update my home-stead and all the fun things that go on here, bring you some photography and life changes.



  A home on a farm is not complete until you have yourself a big pot. This one was in our home when we arrived, as with many other things, like furniture, cutlery, crockery, etc.

  We don't eat from this pot, as we are aware of the aluminium that can seep into foods and cause all sorts of a manner of sickness, including brain malfunctions, and can lead to dementure.

So we stear clear of all pots and pans made from this.

  This pot is what we warm water on, on the fire oven.

We use the water for washing the dishes, still haven't got hot water piped into our kitchen.
We use it for general small people washes, and foot washes.
This pot is used a lot in our home and has become a good friend to us.







  On my birthday, we ventured into the woods up the mountain, to my 12 year old son's den he made, and is forever building more of.

 A young lad alone in the wild learning to build and create. A perfect place for learning and becoming a young lad.
This is the view from inside, and my darling daughter looking out watching dad and Kiva collect more mimosa whippets for weaving the walls.





Every Saturday i make a cake to sell at the local village. 
We had a lovely man deliver a crate full of free apples from his farm. So that night i made cake with apples. What better way to use an apple or two to bake an upside down apple cake, recipe for this is in my food section on my blog.




  This Saturday i will be in the village of Soito once again for another delicious pizza night and local folks gathering. Come along try my pizza, meet some local people, and share a glass of something fresh.  Local bar opens up at 4pm, Soito, Gois, Coimbra



  Thank you to everyone who has kept up with my updates, it means a lot to me, and all the shares people make to help me on my journey to sell my handmade things and make little cash to keep the daily bread baked.

 Blessings one love 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elderflower cordial

More Art on the way