Weaving fun for the kids



  Everyday is  a new day here, and we just can't prepare for how random our mornings can turn out.

 I thought id share this mornings activity with my daughter, of nearly 7 years old in May.

 We watched a few youtube video's about weaving, the old ways of how to make clothes and the long, drawn out processes that went into it way back then.

My daughter Ember wanted to try out this new craft. So i went about the house finding old wire to bend in shape to form a loom.

  It took me all of about 30 mins to construct a small square loom of 18 pegs.



Using some wool i found in my art studio i bound together the string. We used old T-shirts ripped into lengths as the weaving material, i thought it would be easy for little fingers to grasp better at the fatter cord and it also would make the whole experience last just enough time for her concentration to run thin.




All in all it took her on and off all day to complete the weaving. With a few mistakes along the way.


I now have a useful pot holder for hot pots in my kitchen a gift i will cherish forever.


To end my daily post today, i thought id recommend you try a tea made from Rose petals, dried and steeped in hot water for 5 mins. It contains vitamin c, and is good for digestion, menstral pains,  boosts immunity, good for your skin, and much more.

Hope you have a lovely day..

Blessings



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Art on the way

Elderflower cordial