Busy in the garden

It has been a busy few days here on the farm. I have been in the garden, planting out the beans, the tall ones and the bush beans.
I have been up to the woodland area today to collect ferns of those that i use as mulch and carefully detach each leaf cluster and place it at the base of each plant. Which, as you can guess took some time.

  I have been planting out more tomatoes. When some of them that were small were put in too early, those ones have withered in the heat of the day and i have replanted out bigger and more stronger ones.

Today my daughter and i cleared the woods and took some of the small sproutlings that died in the fire back 2 years ago, that hadn't been cleared. So i took it upon myself to do that today.

  Using the thin but tall tree sprouts as bean poles i tried to hold up the tomatoes once they are fully grown. The year i have to patches, each will have a different design to hold the plant from snapping from too much weight from the fruit. One patch is in a 4x4 grid, where ill dug in thin posts to the ground and then stage by stage attach a horizontal bar to hold each layer of the growth. The Portuguese do it like this.
The second i have planted in long rows, to them i shall dig in to strong posts either end of the rows, and tie on a cross bar above head height. From that i will dangle cord to each plant and attach the plant to the string every 2 inches or so, so it can move freely in the wind, but still have support.

 


The Lye water i was making, got thrown out by my husband by accident, and i have been waiting to get hold of some fat which is why it has taken some time.

As soon as i can make it happen, i will be showing photos.
It is my daughter's 7th birthday on the 29th, so we have all been busy making her little gifts and finding ways to enjoy her big day. Ive been sifting through the cupboards to find candles, and managed to find some chocolate to make her a chocolate marble cake. My son is in charge of the jelly making and ill be making some mousse for the big day.

I wanted to thank everyone in Romania for visiting my blog and giving me a massive amount of people showing on my visits list. I don't know how the happened, but thanks all the same.

For now, keep on gardening, weeding and checking on those garden pests, espcially the cabbage root fly and colorado beetles on your potatoes.. Ash from the fire works well for getting rid of families of ants, and also adds alkaline to the soil give it to plants that need alkaline feeding.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elderflower cordial